Sonntag, 7. Oktober 2007

Golden Angel


This is my current projekt, the most complicated doll I have made so far. And YES, those are fingers you see. There is wire in each finger so that the doll can really hold things in its hands.


I used flower hair, which is a decoration material, for the hair. It is glued and stitched to the head. I used the special eye color for the eyes again and some golden and a lot of red glitter for the eyes.

YES, RED glitter.








This is a portrait shot of the face. Please notice the red eyes. I found the inspiration for this doll with a story of a friend of mine. Something about demonic angels and the fight of good and bad, darkness and light. And because of the demonic background those six have red eyes.

There are six demonic angels. Guess what is on my scedule once I have finished him?




He is the golden angel, still missing his wings but at least I managed to make a bow.

The bow was made from Fimo.

Fimo is a material you can knead and model and is then put in the oven to harden. After that I sprayed it with gold-color. It still needs a clear coat to secure the color.





As you can see, those hands really are able to hold things.

The Golden Angel is wearing very loose and wide pants and a kind of wrap-around-jacket in a slightly chinese style. The clothes aren't completed yet, I made a long coat with long elegant sleeves and a huge hood too. But they weren't finished when my friend Petra (thank you darling, you are the greatest!!!) came to make these pictures.

The patterns for the body and other absolutly stunning dolls can be found when you klick on the headline "THIRD". Check the site out, it really is an inspiration to every dollmaker. But be warned, the patterns on that site mostly are for advanced doll makers.

The patterns for the clothes are my own. Making clothes' patterns is hard work, but with every new piece my collection grows and grows and grows.

There will be more pics when I have made those wings....sigh, how to make wings????

And I really not only have to give thanks to my dear friend Petra for taking pictures but for Achim as well. Because he drew that pic which gave me the final push to start making this doll.
And yes, he drew pictures of all six demonic angels!!! THANK YOU!!!






Note to self: Using Fimo for sculptured things like the bow wasn't a good idea. I tried to rearange it a bit and accidently broke it in two halves. Looks as if I have to make a new one from a different material now. Maybe I really should try to make one from wood?

Keine Kommentare: