Samstag, 27. Oktober 2007

Golden Angel part two



He is finished. He has WINGS!!!
The pictures aren't the best, I had to use my webcam again but there will be better pics as soon as my friend Petra has time to take them.









The wings are made from some really nice thin material. I wanted to give them some structure and thought about stitching lines on them.


I used a special material to help with the stitching which is called "Soluflies". It is a vlies that vanishes when you put it in cold water.
So, I put the golden material between two layers of soluvlies and then used the sewing machine to stitch lines and structures.



Those clawlike things on the tip of the wings are "Nestelspitzen", sorry, I don't know the english word for that. They are made from metal and used for decoration on the ends of strings.

Keine Kommentare: