Samstag, 22. September 2007

Avatar







Okay, this blog is about me, my hobbies and most important, about my dolls and plushies. This is the one I made for a friend of mine. The pic to the left shows her Avatar she is using and which she created herself.
I think the doll looks a lot like here Avatar. What do you think?











The original pattern for the body is from "The Rag Doll Handbook" from Ana Lakeland if you are interested in makeing a doll yourself. I changed the pattern a little and didn't follow her instructions completly.






Here you can see some stages of the making. After sewing the pieces together the doll looks rather ... flat...giggle











Filled with polyester wool and sewn together it looks a lot more like a doll, right?





















As you might notice, I painted the eyes. I used special doll-eyecolors in blue and some blue glitter to make them shine. The hair is made from yarn, which I glued to the head.
























The clothes are made from velvet (a flexible one, I only know the german word Pannesamt for it). Making clothes takes a lot of time, especially when you want to make original clothes and don't have patterns. Don't make the mistake and sew the first attempt out of the original material. Better use some scraps because mostly the first set doesn't fit like you want it too. I learned that the hard way. I still feel sorry for wasting that piece of white satin.













Keine Kommentare: